Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 dozen 2-inch biscuits
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lard or solid vegetable shortening
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) ice-cold milk
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) iced water
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with steel blade, mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in lard with a few quick pulses until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With motor running, add mixed milk and iced water.
- Process until mixture forms a ball, then continue processing 2 full minutes longer.
- Roll dough onto lightly floured board in 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
- Fold over once to form two layers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Using plain 2-inch cutter, cut shapes beaten, flattened dough.
- Place biscuits on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Prick each biscuit three times with triple-tined fork to form a 9-hole square.
- Bake until ivory-colored, 20 to 25 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.