Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). vanilla extract
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- powdered (confectioner's) sugar for dusting
- Combine the milk, water, tbsp of vegetable oil, and salt in a large saucepan and bring almost to a boil over high heat.
- Add the flour a little at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon over low heat.
- When it has formed a smooth paste, remove it from the heat and add the baking powder and vanilla.
- Continue stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Heat the oil to a temperature of about 325 degrees (175 C.), or until the surface shimmers.
- Place the dough in a pastry bag with a wide, star tip.
- Typically, churros are about 1/2 inch in diameter, with ridges running their length.
- Pipe the dough into the hot oil, forming straight fritters 6 to 8 inches in length.
- Fry until golden brown and remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately, dusted with powdered sugar.
- Source: http://www.gingerswolfcam.com/r/bnb2.htm
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.