Print Friendly Recipe
- Mrs. Wiggs
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 2 large eggs
- sugar for coating
- Heat oil in deep fryer or sauce pan to 375 degrees (200 C.). It should be 2 to 3" deep.
- In another saucepan, combine water,salt sugar, and butter.
- Bring mix to rolling boil.
- Add flour all at once.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and thick and pulls away from pan.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each, until dough is smooth and shiny.
- Spoon dough into large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Squeeze 6 to 7" ribbon of dough into hot oil, slice off.
- Cook 2 or 3 ribbons of dough at one time, for about 5 minutes or until brown.
- Remove churros with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- While warm sprinkle with granulated or confectioner's sugar or cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Serve while hot.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.