Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). spicy Italian sausage
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups (700 ml) drained, cooked white beans, such as cannellini, rinsed
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tsp (10 ml). dried thyme
- arugula, optional
- Cut the sausages in 1-inch lengths.
- Place them in a large skillet with a lid, add 1/4 cup (60 ml) water, and cook covered over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, raise the heat to medium, and cook until the sausages are browned outside and no longer pink in the center, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain fat and keep the sausages warm.
- Saute the onion and pepper in oil until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, wine and thyme, raise the heat to high, and cook until most of the wine is absorbed, 3-5 minutes.
- Add sausage and warm thoroughly.
- Spread arugula over the serving platter and top with bean mixture.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.