Print Friendly Recipe
- Recipe by Jim Weller
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Spicy V8 juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). jalapeno peppers; chopped
- 3 tsp (15 ml). chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 hamburger buns
- shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is translucent; drain off fat.
- Meanwhile, in a 4 quarts (3775 ml) crockpot or slow cooker combine V8 juice, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, hot sauce, bay leaves and oregano.
- Stir in meat mixture.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting for 8 hours or high heat setting for 4 hours.
- Toast buns; spoon meat mixture over buns and sprinkle with cheese.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.