Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicate and rich breakfast cake with a decadent and crunchy butter crunch topping with coconut and nuts! Yummmm!
- S. Chokel
- Cake Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Old Fashioned oats
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). melted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped nut meats
- In a medium deep mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Then, add the 2 whole eggs one at a time and blend.
- To the wet mixture, add the flour, baking powder, salt, rolled oats and milk. Mix, but do not over mix, or the cake will be tough and dry.
- Pour into 8 inch greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes (until springy or a toothpick comes out clean), and then follow directions for topping and complete the baking.
- Topping Directions:
- In a small deep mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar, butter, coconut, and nut meats.
- Carefully spread, dropping by spoonfuls around top of cake.
- Put the cake back in oven for 5 minutes under the broiler until the top is wonderfully golden brown.
- Great served for special breakfasts or as a foundation under scalloped apples and vanilla ice cream sprinkled with cinnamon!
Easily doubled or tripled recipe. Very totable for potlucks and picnics.
As a hint, I have swirled some cinnamon into the wet cake batter just prior to entering the oven for a zippy fun flavor.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.