Print Friendly Recipe
- Light, low-calorie, satisfying to the palate & pleasing on a hot summer day.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chervil OR
- 2 tsp (10 ml). dried chervil (Dried chervil just isn't as flavorful as fresh).
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced fresh basil OR
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried basil
- 6 cups (1425 ml) grated summer squash
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely diced carrots
- 4 cups (950 ml) rich chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, melt the butter, and saute the onion, chervil and basil until the onion is limp, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are just tender.
- Serve hot.
- This soup can be prepared and cooked in 30 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.