Print Friendly Recipe
- Biscuits made with butter
- Prickly Pear
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttermilk
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Cut in butter.
- Pour in buttermilk and knead very lightly for about a minute.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut out with biscuit cutter.
- Place on cookie sheet or in 9x13" pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- I have been making this recipe since I was 13 years old. I also have a recipe that is a combination biscuit and roll that I developed called: "Biscarolls" which incorporates the use of yeast, but are quick and easy to make.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.