Print Friendly Recipe
- Very Crisp Pickles
- 1 cup (225 ml) salt
- 5 cups (1175 ml) water
- 6 cups (1425 ml) vinegar
- 6 sprigs fresh dill OR
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). dill seed, divided
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, divided
- 3 red hot peppers, divided (optional)
- Bring salt and water to a boil to dissolve salt; let cool.
- Add vinegar.
- In each of 3 quarts (2850 ml) jars place clean cucumbers, fresh dill, garlic and pepper.
- Pour prepared liquid to 1/2 inch of jar top, covering all cucumbers.
- Wipe jar top clean and seal, using new jar tops.
- SEAL TIGHTLY: No water bath is necessary.
- Set jars in sunshine for 8 days.
- After this time, bring inside and store in a dark cool place.
- They are ready to eat after eight days, but are better after a longer period.
- I found this in The Texas Experience Cookbook from The Richardson Woman's Club.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.