Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening (Crisco)
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) cake flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml). almond extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- Cream together butter and shortening.
- Add sugar and continue to cream until perfectly smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
- Add cake flour a little at a time.
- Slowly add milk, then flavorings.
- Add baking powder last.
- Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
- Pour cake batter into pan and place in a cold oven.
- Turn temperature to 325 degrees (175 C.) or 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Do not jar cake or remove from oven too soon.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Freezes well.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.