Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 3 tsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) crushed red pepper
- 4 green onions, diagonally sliced into 1-inch lengths
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) walnut halves
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce and water, then blend into the cornstarch.
- Stir in the sherry, sugar, ginger, red pepper, and salt.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add 2 tsp (10 ml) of peanut oil.
- Stir-fry the green peppers and onions for 2 minutes and remove.
- Add the walnuts and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown; remove.
- Add the rest of the oil and stir-fry half of the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Return all the chicken to the wok and stir in the soy mixture.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in the vegetables and walnuts, cover and cook for 1 minute.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.