Print Friendly Recipe
- A crust that you can make in a processor or by hand.
- Tammy Condit
Serves/Makes:2 double 9" crusts
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) butter OR
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter and 3/4 cup (175 ml) crisco
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, heaping
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) cold water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- Cut butter into flour until mixture resembles crumbs--can do this in a food processor.
- Combine egg, salt, water and vinegar.
- Sprinkle over crumbs until mixture holds together-or forms a ball in the processor.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 4 equal balls.
- Roll out each and place in pie pans; flute edges.
- Use what you need ans freeze the rest.
- Pie crusts can be frozen up to 1 month.
- You may freeze the dough before rolling out if desired.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.