Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 dozen cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) all-purpose flour
- milk, as needed
- Anise seed
- Beat eggs and sugar about 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored.
- Mix in flour.
- If dough is dry, stir 3 tbsp (45 ml) milk, 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time, into mixture.
- Cover; chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board.
- Press well-floured springerle form over dough to emboss designs.
- Cut out cookies and place on cookie sheet liberally sprinkled with anise seed; let dry at least 10 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.