Print Friendly Recipe
- This recipe is a hybrid of biscuits and rolls.
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:1 dozen depending on size cut
- 4 cups (950 ml) sifted flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt (I use sea salt)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) baking powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) granulated yeast
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) milk
- Mix dry ingredients, then cut in butter--should resemble coarse meal.
- Add milk.
- Knead by machine 30 to 60 seconds (or by hand 1 to 2 minutes).
- Roll to 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick, cut out, place on 9x13" pan or jelly roll pan (11x15")sprayed with PAM.
- Let rise in warm place until almost doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- I have always loved making biscuits and rolls, but the biscuits weren't light enough to suit my taste and rolls take more time. Therefore I came up with the above recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.