Print Friendly Recipe
- types of briskets
- water to just cover meat cut.
- beef brisket
- vegetables, optional
- Place meat in large pot or crock pot.
- Cover with water, add seasonings, and cover pot.
- Cook over low heat.
- I would give about 40 minutes per pound.
- Be creative, you can add vegetables when the meat is close to done.
- Keep a close watch on this--if cooked over a stove instead of a crock pot, you may have to keep adding water if the water evaporates.
- Corned is a processing of the brisket cut. I would think that if the meat came with a packet of seasoning that it would be corned. The package should say, if it doesn't corned beef looks more grainy and processed. Either type of brisket should be cooked with moist heat method.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.