Print Friendly Recipe
- A sweet pickle relish good on hot dogs, hamburgers, with potato salad, etc.
Serves/Makes:about 7 half-pint jars
- 4 cups (950 ml) chopped cucumbers (about 4 medium)
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). celery seed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). mustard seed
- Combine cucumbers, onions, green peppers and red peppers in a large bowl; sprinkle with salt and cover with cold water.
- Let stand 2 hours.
- Drain thoroughly; press out excess liquid.
- Combine sugar, vinegar and spices; heat to boiling.
- Add drained vegetables and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack hot into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe jar rims.
- Adjust lids.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.