Print Friendly Recipe
- One dish beef noodle stroganoff
- Heather Cook
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). hamburger
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can beef consomme (not broth)
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can cream of mushroom soup (low fat ok)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream (low fat is ok)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml). each black pepper and seasoning salt
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- In large skillet, brown hamburger with onions; drain.
- Add to hamburger mixture the soups and seasonings, stirring to combine.
- Simmer over medium heat 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream; cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning adjustments.
- Add egg noodles and simmer over low heat until of desired consistency.
- This is an easy to make, hearty, family dish. My mother passed it on to me. She always served it with green beans and garlic bread. I add more mushrooms with the onions when I make it; just a matter of preference.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.