Print Friendly Recipe
- 6 uncut Kaiser rolls
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 4 oz (112 grm). per cup)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) skim or low-fat milk
- 6 thin slices lean cooked ham
- 6 thin slices reduced-fat Swiss or Muenster cheese
- Slice tops off rolls about 3/4 inch from top.
- With a fork, scrape out the insides of bottom, leaving about 1/2-inch wall all around. Save crumbs for another use.
- Set rolls aside.
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain well; crumble.
- Pour off and discard fat.
- Add mushrooms, onions and pepper to pan.
- Cook until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in drained bacon.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk until blended.
- Pour into pan over vegetables.
- As mixture begins to set, gently draw an inverted pancake turner completely across bottom and sides of pan, forming large soft curds.
- Continue until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Spoon egg mixture into hollows of reserved rolls.
- Top each roll with 1 slice each of ham and cheese.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Cover with reserved roll tops.
- Source: American Egg Board
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.