Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 cups (700 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add water slowly, but steadily while beating with a mixer.
- Divide dough into 10 equal portions.
- Coat hands with shortening and roll into balls.
- Use a tortilla press or roll into a thin circle between 2 pieces of wax paper.
- Cook tortillas over medium heat in a skillet 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Makes 10 8-inch tortillas.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.