Print Friendly Recipe
- A crowd pleaser; seasoned beef, potatoes and cheese.
- C. Reid
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground round beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) yellow cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet saute beef, onion, garlic and vinegar (this is the secret) until browned; drain.
- Meanwhile boil potatoes in salted water just covering them until done, about ten minutes; drain and add milk and half of the butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Whip or mash until smooth.
- Grease a casserole dish and spread meat/onion mixture.
- Pour potatoes on top and dab with remaining butter.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for fifteen minutes.
- The vinegar actually gives the ground beef a sweet flavor.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.