Print Friendly Recipe
- I had this at a restaurant back in the mid-80's and developed my own recipe. Here it is.
- Linda Weissert
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced almonds or cashews
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vidalia onion, diced finely
- 1 cup (225 ml) seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) to 1/3 cup (80 ml) Kraft or Hellman's mayonnaise
- dried tarragon, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, optional
- croissants, optional
- cooked bacon, optional
- Mix together chicken, celery, nuts, onion and grapes, set aside.
- Mix mayonnasise and lemon juice.
- Mix salad and dressing lightly and season with tarragon, salt and pepper.
- If salad is a little dry add a bit more mayo and lemon juice.
- Serve with slices of avacado sprinkled with lemon juice or on croissants with avacado slices and crisp bacon strips.
- Light, refreshing and very satisfying.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.