Print Friendly Recipe
- Incredible chicken!
- Linda Weissert (from a 1986 Bon Appetit)
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg). chicken (I use boneless, skinless breasts halves)
- 4 cups (950 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) self-rising flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) honey
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped pecans
- oil, for frying
- Wash chicken, pat dry.
- Pour buttermilk into a large ziplock bag.
- Add chicken.
- Refrigerate 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain chicken.
- Combine flour, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Dredge chicken in mixture, shaking off excess.
- Let chicken stand 20 minutes at room temperature on a wire rack.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in honey and bring to boil.
- Add pecans and simmer glaze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/2 - 3/4" of oil in an electric skillet to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Add chicken (in batches - do not crowd) and fry until crisp, golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Arrange on a large platter and pour the glaze over the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
- This is unbelievably good and one of my husband's favorite dishes. Surprisingly, it is fantastic cold the next day.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.