Print Friendly Recipe
- A very different Meatball Sandwich that will become YOUR favorite meal with football games and tailgate parties.
- Bronco Fan Peek
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can (1 1/2 cups) beer
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cooking oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) thinly sliced onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) snipped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) beef soup base or bouillon.
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dried thyme, crushed
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can or bag sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 6 french style buns or rolls
- In a bowl combine egg and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the beer; stir in bread crumbs, 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt and a dash of pepper.
- Add ground beef, mix well.
- Shape into 1 1/4 inch meatballs.
- In a heavy skillet, brown the meatballs in hot oil; drain off the fat.
- Stir in the onion, parsley, beef soup base (or bouillon), thyme, bay leaf, and the remaining beer.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the skillet; cover and keep warm.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Drain the sauerkraut; rinse if milder flavor is desired.
- Stir kraut into onion mixture; bring to boiling.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water; stir into sauerkraut mixture.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Split and toast rolls.
- Place sauerkraut mixture on roll bottoms; top with warm meatballs and roll tops.
- Great NCAA or NFL Football weekend munching food!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.