Print Friendly Recipe
- Bronco Fan Peek
Serves/Makes:15 or more servings
- 3 16 oz (448 grm). cans baked beans in sauce (like Bushes or Vandecamps)
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans red kidney or pinto beans, drained
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). bacon, crisp cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). bacon, lightly fried in strips
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped red or green peppers
- 1 cup (225 ml) bottled smoke flavored barbeque sauce
- 1/2 dark molasses
- 2 cups (475 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red pepper (chili powder)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- In a large dutch oven or oven roaster combine the beans, crumbled bacon, onion, peppers, barbeque sauce, molasses, brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Place the 1 lb (.5 kg). of bacon strips on top of the beans in any shape you like (They will sink in eventually during baking).
- In a 350 degree (175 C.) oven, place in the middle of the oven and bake for 3-4 hours.
- Great NCAA or NFL Football weekend munching food!
These baked beans get wild raves everytime I make them. For summer picnics and potlucks to snowy football get-togethers. If you like Baked Bean sandwiches, this makes awesome ones.
If the beans become too dry while baking, add a little bit of water or beer to the top of them. I have never had this happen. I use Bushes Orignial Beans and Masterpiece Mesquite Barbeque sauce.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.