Print Friendly Recipe
- A great Apple Pie for Football Fans or for "normal" people too!
- Bronco Fan Peek
Serves/Makes:1 large pie
- Apple Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 7/8 cup (200 ml) shortening (yes, 5/6th!)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 whole egg
- Apple Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) corn starch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sliced pippin or granny smith apples
- Apple Pie Crust Directions:
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in shortening; combine water, vinegar and the egg and beat well with a fork.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Mix until pastry holds together.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Roll each crust out until crust is 2 inches larger than the pie plate.
- (Dough can be made ahead of time. Wrap dough tightly and refrigerate up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 2 months. Thaw frozen dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours. This make two crusts)
- Apple Pie Filling Directions:
- Mix the sugars and cornstarch.
- Toss with apples, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Place in pastry lined pie plate.
- Dot with butter and cover with top crust.
- Seal and flute edge, cut slits in the top of dough.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- 1/2 Bake hour with foil around edges, then remove the last 15 minutes.
- Bake in total for 45-50 minutes, until the pie is bubbling in the center.
- Great NCAA or NFL Football weekend munching food!
Did you know that not only is Howie Long a great sports announcer/caster on Fox Sports; he was a 13 year career defensive end with the Raiders that included EIGHT Pro Bowl selections. (He is handsome too!)
Recipe taken from:
DialAmerica Proud Sponsors of All Star Feast Cookbook. Compiled by Wendy Diamond.
Copyright 1997 Global Liaisons, Incorporated.
Library of Congress Catalog Card Number 97-093426
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.