Print Friendly Recipe
- The flavors are wonderful. I was reluctant to try this, and now it is a family favorite.
- S. Chokel
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 6 nice thick pork chops
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fat (bacon fat is excellent choice)
- 2 green peppers, sliced in rings
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- Boil rice in slat water and drain.
- Brown pork chops slightly in fat.
- Place browned chops in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add a layer of green pepper rings, add rice and top with another layer of sliced green peppers.
- Pour the tomato soup, which has been diluted with the 1/2 cup (125 ml) of water, over the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 40 minutes.
Add a thinly sliced sweet onion to the layers for a delicious accent.
Sprinkle with grated Jack and Cheddar cheese the last 15 minutes or so of cooking if you like.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.