Print Friendly Recipe
- Authentic sauerkraut, potatoes, kielbasa dish that is so good, you can't stop eating it!
- S. Chokel
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola or olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) red wine
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). sauerkraut
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). potatoes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). kielbasa, in chunks
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). ham pieces
- 4 whole cloves
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in oil.
- Rinse sauerkraut and add to onions.
- Saute for at least 15 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and cloves.
- Peel potatoes, wash and cut each into 4 pieces.
- Cook in hot water until almost done.
- Add to the sauerkraut.
- Add kielbasa and ham and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, kielbasa and ham to a plate, cover to keep warm.
- To the sauerkraut, add the red wine, mix and cook 2 more minutes.
- This is a recipe given to me by a woman who was from Chicago and said this recipe was famous and was a neighborhood favorite when she grew up in the 30's and 40's.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.