Print Friendly Recipe
- Cake baked in a canning jar
- jacenem (email@example.com)
Serves/Makes:8 pint jars
- 1 18.5 ounce package yellow cake mix (you can use any cake recipe or box cake mix) mixed according to package or recipe directions
- 8 straight-sided wide-mouth pint canning jars with lids
- Prepare the cake according to package instructions, or use any cake recipe.
- In pint size, straight-sided wide-mouth jars, put 1 cup (225 ml) of batter in each greased jar--Make sure to keep the rims of the jars clean.
- Put in preheated oven at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place jars on a cookie sheet to keep from tipping over while baking.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- While they are baking, have your jar lids boiling in a pan of water.
- When the cake is done, take one jar out at a time and add the hot lid and screw on your jar ring and let set and cool.
- It will seal as it cools.
- Place the jars on the counter and listen for them to "ping" as they seal.
- If you miss the "ping", wait until they are completely cool and press on the top of the lid.
- If it doesn't move at all, it's sealed.
- After it cools it will pull away from the jar and when you are ready to eat, open and pop out the cake and enjoy.
- Unsealed jars should be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within 2 weeks.
- Sealed jars may be stored with other canned food or placed in a freezer.
- The cake is safe to eat as long as the jar remains vacuum-sealed and free from mold.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.