Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sifted cake flour
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). orange zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together egg yolks, orange juice, oil, orange zest and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir yolk mixture into flour mixture until smooth.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- 1/4 Fold of whites into the yolk mixture, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake upside down before serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.