Print Friendly Recipe
- I. Clapham
Serves/Makes:1 8 inch cake
- 5 oz (140 grm). butter or margarine
- 5 oz (140 grm). caster sugar (it's a fine sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz (224 grm). self-rising flour
- few drops of lemon essence
- thin slices of Citron peel (optional)
- Cream fat and sugar.
- Beat in lightly whisked eggs with a little flour.
- Add essence, then fold in the remaining flour.
- Place mixture in a greased 7-8 in cake tin.
- Bake in a moderate over; 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 1 1/4 hours. Place peel on top after half an hour in oven.
- Taken from Bero Flour Recipe Book - 37th edition (British)
In the recipe it gives 5 oz. as 125 g and 8 oz. as 200 g.
I suppose as long as one or the other weight is used and mixed weights are not, then the recipe should be o.k.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.