Print Friendly Recipe
- 10 lbs (4.5 kg). green tomatoes (6 quarts (5675 ml).)
- 6 cups (1425 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) vinegar (can use malt vinegar)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cloves, ground
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp (5 ml) allspice, ground
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 bottle Certo (optional)
- Peel tomatoes.
- Chop into large pieces.
- Cover with vinegar.
- Let stand 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain well.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook slowly (can use a crock pot) until very thick (approximately 4 hours if using a large pot or longer in a crock pot).
- If not thickening sufficiently, add Certo and continue stirring and cooking an additional 10 minutes or so.
- Note: A little goes a long way because it is quite spicy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.