Print Friendly Recipe
- Nutritional meal that is inexpensive and delicious. Most men will eat this quiche! (Psst.. call it a pie and fake 'em out to eat it!!)
- Laura and Jay's Mom
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped spinach, drained if frozen is used
- 1 cup (225 ml) summer squash, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar, yellow for color
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) half and half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1 prepared 9 or 10 inch Quiche shell (Savory or regular Pie Crust)
- Saute squash and onion until tender and place in prepared quiche shell.
- Top with spinach and cheese, and sprinkle this cheese mixture with 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour.
- Combine beaten eggs and half and half and the paprika, garlic and any other seasoning you may want to try in bowl.
- Next, slowly pour half and half and egg mixture over the cheese in the quiche shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 to 45 minutes.
- If you'd like, be comfortable with using Swiss Cheese or a combination of Bel Paese, Fontina, and Parmesan for a great flavor.
Also, this can be pumped-up for a heartier suppertime meal with the addition of 2 cups of chunked ham.
As a decorative touch, when I want to make this look really pretty, I use thin sliced red onion rings and small sprig of rosemary or dill from my garden. It is a delicious added touch too!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.