Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a wonderful way to enjoy fresh tomatoes from the garden when the bounty is abundant. It is also a delicious and elegant side dish.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 servings of one tomato each
- 6 firm medium sized tomaotes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) of salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper or to taste
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Oil a large shallow baking dish.
- Cut tomatoes horizontally and place cut side UP in the dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine parsley, basil, and garlic and sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle 1/4 tsp (1 ml) of olive oil on each tomato half.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- As a hint, I sometimes mix 1/3 cup of dry breadcrumbs and 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese together with the parsley and basil for a different crispier cheesey flavor and texture.
These go extremely wonderful with grilled meats, roasted meats or a side dish for seafood kabobs with pineapple, green pepper and onion.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.