Print Friendly Recipe
- A "custard" version of regular bread pudding.
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) warm milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- Maple syrup on the side
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Butter a deep dish 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch square pan.
- GENEROUSLY butter one side of bread.
- Cut in half to make triangles.
- Arrange triangles, buttered side up, in prepared dish.
- In bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add milk, sugar & vanilla; beat together.
- Stir in raisins.
- Slowly pour over bread, making sure all bread is well soaked.
- Bake 45 minutes or until custard has set.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
- A quickly prepared, pleasant tasting dish that can be served as a dessert or even for breakfast.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.