Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ginger
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (the first 7 ingredients) and make a well in the center.
- In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (the next 6 ingredients).
- Pour wet mixture into the "well" of the dry ingredients and stir just to combine (10-15 strokes).
- Fold in raisins with as few strokes as possible.
- Spoon batter into muffin 12 cups (2825 ml) (if you don't use muffin liners, spray the pan with cooking spray).
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to cooling rack and cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin--Do *not* let muffins cool completely in the tin.
- Recipe By: Jenni Miller, From: Johnnye Tamaru
Recipe taken from Chef2Chef internet website at:
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.