Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) light cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ground nutmeg, (Submitter's note; I wouldn't use more than 1/8th cup of nutmeg, I believe this is a typo.)
- 1 9 inch premade unbaked pie shell with a high fluted edge
- In a large mixing bowl mix sugar with flour.
- Gradually stir in the apple butter and melted butter.
- In a separate smaller bowl beat eggs with milk and cream.
- Then turn into the apple butter mixture.
- After well mixed, pour into the pastry lined pie pan.
- Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Contributor ChiliDog's Kitchen http://umn.edu/~fine0015
Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Chef2Chef internet website at:
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.