Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:24 or more bars
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 16 oz (448 grm). apple butter
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats, nuts and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly.
- Spread half the mixture over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Spread apple butter over the layer, then sprinkle remaining oat mixture over top.
- Press down lightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in pan.
- Cut into bars.
- Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Vernalisa's Festive Fall Fun Page For All internet website at:
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.