Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) apple butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple butter, apple juice, margarine and egg.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Spread remaining 3/4 cup (175 ml) apple butter over batter.
- Gently pour remaining batter over apple butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 65 to 75 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan and continue cooling on rack.
- Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Virginia Apple Growers Association's internet website at:
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.