Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:12 or more slices
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) unbleached flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) Musselman's Apple Butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark raisins
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) confectioners' sugar
- Combine the flours and baking soda, and stir to mix well.
- Add the apple butter and egg whites, stir to mix well.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Coat a 12 cups (2825 ml) bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes, or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Then invert onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sift the confectioners' sugar over the top, slice and serve.
- Nutritional Facts (per serving):
Calories are 146, Fiber is 2gm, Fat is 0.6gm, Calcium is 12mg, Protein is 2.9gm, Potassium is 185mg, Cholesterol is 0mg, Iron is 1.1mg, Sodium is 111mg.
Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Knouse Foods' "From the Core" internet website at:
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.