Print Friendly Recipe
- Sorghum is loaded with nutrition, it is the finest lightest Molasses flavor. Truly a taste delight!
Serves/Makes:3 1/2 dozen
- 3 cups (700 ml) butter-flavored shortening
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) sorghum (molasses)
- 4 eggs
- 8 cups (1900 ml) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) plus 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ginger
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add molasses and eggs; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, and ginger.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 1/4 Shape cupfuls of dough into balls; roll in tops in sugar.
- Place four cookies on a greased baking sheet at a time.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 18-20 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Recipe taken on 08/28/01 from the Muddy Pond Inn Bed & Breakfast website at:
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.