Print Friendly Recipe
- Standard recipe for a great side dish.
- S. Chokel
- 2 small or 1 large heads of califlower
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) whipping cream (use more if you like a thinner sauce, or less if you like a thicker sauce)
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- grated Swiss or Parmesan cheese, optional garnish
- toasted chopped nuts, optional garnish
- sliced stuffed green olives, optional garnish
- Clean, core and steam cauliflower until just tender.
- Set cauliflower in a serving bowl and break or cut into serving size chunks.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add butter, salt and pepper and beat with a mixer. (Start slowly and go higher, and have the butter at room temperature for best results)
- Gradually add cream until desired texture.
- Slowly pour (or drop actually) over the cauliflower, making sure that the sauce covers all the chunks.
- Top with desired garnishes and serve.
- This is the easiest version of creamed cauliflower in the world. You can also make a desired thickness of your favorite white sauce recipe and use it rather than making the above recipe.
When I use the White Sauce method, I usally make it with a touch of dry mustard, another touch of paprika, a smidgeon of nutmeg and 1-2 cups of our favorite cheese(s). Oh, very, very good!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.