Print Friendly Recipe
- No ice cream maker needed
- Zoom (PBS Kid's show)
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) half and half
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- about 2 lbs (.9 kg). of ice
- 1 cup (225 ml) coarse salt
- 1 quart-sized baggie that seals
- 1 gallon-sized baggie that seals
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- duct tape
- Gather all the stuff needed.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk, 1 cup (225 ml) half and half, 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla, and 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a quart-sized baggie.
- Squeeze out the excess air and seal the baggie with duct tape so it doesn't leak.
- Put the quart-sized baggie into the gallon-sized baggie and fill it in with ice, water, and about 1 cup (225 ml) coarse salt. Adding salt to the ice helps make the ice cream get colder, faster.
- Squeeze the air out of the big baggie and seal it closed with duct tape so that the baggie won't leak.
- Now, gently toss the baggie up and down for about 10 minutes. You can take turns with a friend. You should use a towel so that your hands don't freeze.
- Cut a corner off of the quart-sized baggie and squeeze the ice cream out into a bowl.
- Bon Appetit!
- There are lots of other easy kid recipes at the Zoom website.There's a link to it at PBSkids.org
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.