Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) ice
- 1 quart-size resealable bag
- 1 gallon-size resealable bag
- In the quart-size resealable bag, combine sugar and buttermilk.
- Seal the bag.
- In the gallon size resealable bag, combine salt and ice.
- Insert the smaller bag into the larger one and seal, letting all the air out.
- Shake continuously for 5 minutes.
- When buttermilk stiffens, remove the small bag and dip into cold water to remove salt from the outside of the bag.
- Freeze or serve immediately.
- To serve, open bag and scoop out sorbet.
- Copyright, 2001, Joey Altman. All rights reserved.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.