Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:3 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). catfish fillets
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- paprika, for color
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pecan halves
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- For Frangelica Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Frangelico liqueur
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, cold chipped
- Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
- Prepare frangelica butter sauce, directions below.
- Season catfish with salt and cayenne, sprinkle with paprika and place in baking dish.
- Add melted butter, wine and lemon juice.
- Bake uncovered in preheated 450 degree (225 C.) oven 5 to 7 minutes (do not overcook).
- Place on serving platter and top with Frangelica Butter Sauce and pecans sauteed in 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter.
- To prepare sauce:
- In medium saucepan, slowly reduce cream and Frangelica together until approximately 6 tbsp (90 ml) remain.
- Slowly add butter, a few chips at a time, swirling pan constantly to incorporate butter into cream (do not stir); continue swirling until all butter has been added.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.