Print Friendly Recipe
- Jeanne Poff
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk or cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light corn syrup
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) peanut butter (more, if preferred)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Cook first 4 ingredients to soft ball stage (234 degrees (100 C.) on candy thermometer, or until soft ball forms in cold water.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy.
- Pour into a lightly buttered pan, 8 x 8 inch.
- Let stand until firm.
- Cut into squares.
- From Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.