Print Friendly Recipe
- A deli-style potatoe salad
- McCall's Cookbook, 1963
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). unpeeled medium potatoes or 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) precooked potatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) diced celery
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dill seed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) mayonnaise
- salad greens for garnish, optional
- Cook scrubbed potatoes in small amount of boiling, salted water, covered, just until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Drain; let cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes; dice.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except salad greens.
- Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled--several hours.
- Spoon into serving bowl; garnish with salad greens.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.