Print Friendly Recipe
- Cati, WA
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). ground beef
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked or fresh tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chili powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) salt
- 1 hot red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin seed
- 3 cans red beans
- Brown meat and drain fat.
- Add onions and garlic, cook slowly till onions are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serves great with cornbread.
This is not my original recipe, it comes from the Ball Blue Book and is meant to be used for canning. In my house, a half batch of this gets eaten too quickly to be canned.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.