Print Friendly Recipe
- Shirley Rosiek
Serves/Makes:7 or more pints
- 10 medium cucumbers OR
- 20 smaller cucumbers
- 8 cups (1900 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mixed pickling spice[loose]
- 4 tsp (20 ml). canning salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) white vinegar
- Wash and cover whole cucumbers with boiling water.
- Let stand over night.
- Drain.Repeat for 3 more days. (Freshly boiled water each day).
- On 5th day drain; discard water.
- Cut pickles into bite size pieces, return to jar.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil and pour over chunks in gallon jar.
- Let stand 2 more days.
- Drain liquid into sauce pot,bring to boil.
- Place chunks into sterlized jars.
- Add boiled liquid to half inch from top.
- Seal with sterilized lids.
- Process in hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- Start counting time when jars are placed in hot water.
- This may sound complicated, however it takes only a few minutes per day and the pickles are well worth the effort.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.