Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) chilled unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground white pepper
- fresh tarragon, optional (for Bernaise Sauce)
- Add egg yolks to a small saucepan; whisk until lemon yellow and slightly thick, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in lemon juice.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold butter, and place over very low heat.
- Whisk constantly while butter is melting, and continue whisking until thick enough to see the pan between strokes Remove pan from heat, and beat in 1 tbsp (15 ml) cold butter.
- Whisk in melted butter a little bit at a time (about 2 tbsp (30 ml) at a time).
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- And, if you want Bernaise Sauce you just add fresh tarragon to Hollandaise Sauce
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.