Print Friendly Recipe
- 10 cups (2350 ml) (about 5 lbs) zucchini
- 4 large onions
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) cider vinegar
- 4 cups (950 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) corn starch
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tumeric
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 2 tsp (10 ml) celery seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) salt
- Put zucchini, onions and peppers through meat grinder,using medium blade (I use my food processor).
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup (125 ml) salt.
- Let stand over night.
- In the morning, drain and rinse well.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil in large kettle.
- Add ground vegetables.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into hot jars,leave 1/2" head space.
- Seal, cool and store.
- This is a recipe from my 95 year old grandmother's hand written cookbook! It's great on burgers and pork!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.